>> ... I really
>>have not seen _anything_ (except for a small sample of text posted by Leo Moser)
>> to give me any optimism that anything can be done globally.

>    What about English?

English is a de facto IAL, true. But this is hardly the kind of neutral global
IAL that we've been discussing here. I mean if you just want to select English
as an IAL for everyone, this scarcely meets Ray Brown's idea of a language
that the third-worlders will find more to their liking than a "white man's
language": it _is_ a "white man's language"!

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi