[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/index.html

-----Original Message-----
>From: Marcos Franco <[log in to unmask]>
(* That's why I don't like -r as every-tense verb marker. I
think -a
ending is same easy to learn as -r marker. The problem with the
latter
is that it's uncomfortable either for romance-speakers (for its
infinitive appearance) and for english-speakers (for its
pronunciation).
I regret to have to say this, but you will never stop recieving
critics for this feature.
Saludos,
Marcos*)

Hmmm. Yes, I do agree with that, and it is one of the reasons
why
Kjell left the Novial-l group, I believe.

In Spanish when one sees non-fluent-Spanish-speakers trying to
communicate they resort to the infinitive forms like "yo querer
m=E1s
vino, tu tener?" :-))) why? because the simplest form of the
verb
is to be used as a verbal-noun, I feel, the infinitive is such a
form
of a substantive-idea. But anyway,  even if in jest this is
true, the
reality of the lingua franca of the Levant demonstrated its use
and
service.  I too would not cry over the departure of the -r in
the indicative
however I would keep it in the infinitive since this would be an
obvious
use for Romance speakers to accept. I've already discussed this
issue
in Novial-l and expressed my feelings about the -r. They have
not changed,
I still feel that most Romance speakers will get confused with
the -r ending
being the equivalent of the infinitive. but alas.

Since,
Jay B.