Jay Bowks wrote:

>  ... From time to time I've suggested forms like "viser" and
>"anue" which Bruce seems to like and which on another post he
>has claimed that he thought of them... perhaps so, I do think
>these are advances... vidar and yare are not preferable in my mind due
>to the vast number of international derivatives "televisione"
>and "anual" etc. do seem like very worthwhile candidates for
>international vocab words.

I certainly remember proposing "viser"; I don't recall whether I formally
proposed "anue" but certainly would have unless someone did so first. But
I have no problem with words like these, because _within_the_Novial_schema_
of word derivation, they give good, internationally-recognizable words.

Forms like "visione" and "anual" are good words, as I say, and when the base
roots are chosen to make them come out right, "viser" and "anue" are the result
by regular NN word-building processes. What gives me negative feelings are
word forms which, chosen for naturalism, require _irregular_ derivation to get
between them.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi