[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/index.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Kjell Rehnstr=F6m <[log in to unmask]>
>I accept everything that may work, but I prefere Interlingua
that I know
>does work in some cases. For the others there are other
solutions to be
>found.
>Kjell [log in to unmask]

Excellentissime dicte!

Indeed, Kjell, Interlingua works rather well for those that have
previous experience with Romance langs or English. It is the
reliance on past experience that makes Interlingua of IALA
so easily recognizable at sight and so predictable in its forms.

Unfortunately it has its problems because the languages from
which it derives its international vocabulary are problematic.

But what if these problems are as predictable as they are in
the source languages, they are explained and learned with as
much ease as any romance lang or English... and without a
doubt Interlingua is very much -- way easier to learn than any
of its romance lang sources or English.

So I fully agree with you that Interlingua works and in my
opinion
also works the best of the hundreds, perhaps thousands of
projects
that have been proposed for use as an auxiliary language.

I believe that the protagonists of Interlingua spent many hours
thinking and pondering over the issues that get put before
Auxlang
over and over... It is the same arguments, the same objections
and
the same quarrels... yet it still works and succeeds at what it
was
designed to be a method of communication without frontiers!

I still maintain that the Novial reformers would do very well to
consider
the work of IALA in the auxiliary language field. Thankfully a
lot of the
materials that were produced during research have recently been
found, cabinet fulls of it and we are promissed access to these
research materials! Definitely something to look forward to...
Without
a doubt something that will be discussed in Auxlang :-)))

Amicalissimemente,
Jay B.