It is appropriate that Marcos post his proposal here. It is not, however,
that he post it to the Novial group, as it represents a quite different
language from the one we are developing.

I think that by posting here, Marcos has finally begun to see the light. He
is perfectly welcome to develop (with or without collaborators) his own Novial
derivative, as James and Philip have. And he's welcome to find any people he
can, _here_ on the Auxlang list, or in the world at large, who like what he
is doing.

His remark that he's doing what I'm trying to prevent applies only to the
Novial list. That list is designed for the elaboration of one particular Novial
derivative. A set of proposals incompatible with basic decisions made over a
year ago is not appropriate there. It certainly _is_ here.

We both, Marcus and I, want to get away with the dual use of -e/-a/-o in J's
Novial. The big difference is that he likes, and preserves, the one that I
think was J's only serious mistake in what was otherwise a beautiful scheme.
And as a result he drops, without regret, what I believe to be the better,
more international, use of the -a and -o suffixes.

Since our differences arise from this particular change, elaborated elsewhere
in both of our projects, clearly I'm not going to like his scheme. Where he
upsets me is not in that he continues to put his scheme forth, but that he
tries, in effect, to hijack _our_ project and turn it to his purpose.

He claims I've presented no solid argument against his scheme. Unfortunately,
"solid" is a question hard to define here. The argument between diacritical
marks (in standard Esperanto) and digraphs (In Ido etc.) has partisans _both_
of which think their arguments are solid (those of you who have followed my
posts know which arguments I find more telling). I think Marcos and I differ
irreconcilably over the best use of -e/-a/-o. Where I protest is not that
Marcos prefers his; it's that he denies that I even have a rational case.

Beyond that, I have nothing more to say.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi