Some people seem to feel that I am being excessively harsh on Marcos for
making his proposals to the Novial list. I would like to call your attention
to the following, which was NOT written by me. It is on Don Blaheta's site,
which is our official site, and based on similar language written by Thomas
Leigh when _he_ had the site. I have not in any way dictated the words therein.

   Our forum for doing this is a mailing list called NOVIAL, maintained
   by Don Blaheta. Anyone who wishes to join us in our work are welcome.
   The languages used on the list are English and Novial, but we would
   especially like input from people whose native language is other than
   English. If you'd like to subscribe, send mail to
   [log in to unmask] with "subscribe novial My Name" in the
   text; to unsubscribe, send mail to the same address saying
   "unsubscribe novial". Those wishing to argue the merits of another IAL
   versus Novial and so forth are not invited, however, as there are
   other forums for such debates; the list is for work on (and in) Novial
   only. Please note that decisions already made are considered final and
   will only be re-opened for debate if a majority of the group members
   vote to do so. Also, any people who feel they would like to join
   should make themselves as familiar as possible with Jespersen's
   language first (here are some Novial links).

Marcos violated these rules in _two_ ways. First, he attempted to open up
discussion on topics which were already decided. Then, he put forth a complete
proposal, different enough from our project that it certainly constitutes
a different language. Note that the rules clearly state that there is no
"argu(ing) the merits of another IAL" permitted.

I think, therefore, Marcos' posts are out of order on the list. And I cannot
see how anyone sensibly can conclude that his posts were _not_ out of order.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi