At 08:04 22/2/98, Bruce R. Gilson wrote:
>Ray Brown wrote:
>
>>Interesting - I've never understood how a partisan of one system can work
>>in a constructive way on a similar conIAL which would, if successful,
>>clearly be a rival.  (I can understand a partisan of, say, Ido working on
>>something like Voksigid, but not on a potential Euroclone rival.)
>
>Well, both Jim Carter (inventor of guaspi) and John Cowan (a pretty devoted
>Lojbanist) helped on the Voksigid effort.

To some extent I understand that.  These are experimental loglans. It's
probably interesting taking part in similar, but interestingly different,
experiments.

> And Chris Zervic (who I believe still
>loves Esperanto) and Leo Moser, not just Phil Hunt and Jay Bowks, are part
>of our effort.

So Leo's there - hope that means he hasn't given up Bahasan.

>There are some people who feel they can do it. And unless they clearly try to
>pull the group in a way contrary to our majority direction to the extent that
>we can't function properly, I see no problem in accepting their contributions
>even though I look at them with some caution. I was particularly wary about
>Chris Zervic at first because of his Esperanto connection.

timeo Danaos et dona ferentes.  ;-)

>But he seems to be
>participating in the group in a positive manner.

Watch out for mole-hills.  ;-)

>I myself would have difficulty in participating in a project that is close to
>our version of Novial, but slightly different. But I'm not going to _reject_
>the participation of anyone who thinks he can contribute and who appears to me
>to _be_ contributing in the spirit of our group.

As I said, I certainly do *not* want to get involved in the internal
politics of your group (but one is slightly curious when an unexpected name
is mentioned).

Ray.