As you stated this appears to be a laboratory problem in your hospital.
I don't read my own smears to confirm reliability of reporting. I have
to assume that the reporting is accurate and make decisions based on
that. As you said, we have not had such a problem here. Our problem is
the sometimes long turnaround on these CBC's!

May be we should relearn our medical school skills of reading our own
smears, spinning urine's, looking at CSF samples etc in the ED,on
specific high risk patients, in addition to sending one to the lab.

i am curious to know how many in the group have a functioning microscope
in the ED?

Regards

Jay

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: