        There are no data whatsoever on the safety of 4-methylpyrazole in
children.  Since developmental differences in drug metabolism are common, I
would be very reluctant to give it to a child for that reason, although I would
consider it in a teenager. There may be differences in metabolism of 4-MP in
children which could theoretically make it toxic.  For example, pyrazole is a
potent hepatotoxin while 4-methylpyrazole is not.  What if children demethylate
4-MP to pyrazole to a greater extent than adults? Liver toxicity may ensue.
Unfortunately, there are no data, even phase one safety trials in children,
telling us whether this might occur.

        Significant Toxic alcohol ingestions are very uncommon in young children
and aggressive use of hemodialysis coupled with ethanol is I think still the
safest mode of treatment when this very uncommon event occurs.

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: