BRG says:
> So by the time most of us had a copy of NL to use, we already
> KNEW that there were certain changes we were making. Learning
> the language well enough to write in it was a senseless idea.

Oh come now, since you are _changing_ Novial learning J's Novial
would be a very good basis for learning ReNovial.  It should be
quite easy to adapt what you write to fit in with the proposed
changes.  It would also give you a chance to try out your
changes in practice and to compare different proposals.  Theory
without practice can be a waste of effort!

And as for "eligible" and "elect" having no connection, I think
BRG is overstating the case.  "Eligible" means "worthy of being
chosen" and "election" "an act of choosing".  The connection may
not be immediately apparent but it's hardly deeply buried.

-- jP --