On Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:05:48 GMT, James Chandler
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Marcos: I'm very pleased you have abandoned your -ita, -uta idea, which
>I thought was misguided.
>But I'm not sure I understand your new rules.  Could you explain what
>happens with -ER and -AR verbs (I assume we still have both types), and
>with different examples from J's system?

Ok. On my Novial there are two kinds of verbs:
1. The ones which infinitive ends in -AR:
        -This ones makes -(at)- derivatives with -at-=20
        Examples:  admirar > admiratione
                     krear > kreature=09
2. The ones which infinitive ends in -ER:
        - This ones makes -(at)- derivatives without -at-, but they=20
          make them with -t- if the root ends in a vowel.
        Examples: konstrukter > konstruktore
                    punier > punitivi
                    soluer > solutione

I hope it's clearer now.

>I must say your various methods do seem very complicated, and I'm bound
>to say, why not just stick with J's rules?
>If I understand correctly, you want strict POS marking.  What is the
>universal marker for your verbs?  Certainly your infinitives seem to
>still have two markers.

Strict PoS marking doesn't mean (at least as I want it) that we have
just one ending for each grammar class (that would mean that I
couldn't use -ed in past tense, for example). It just means that
endings and unshareable, that is, that one ending cannot serve for two
different purposes, as in J's Novial (and yours) happens.

>Also, I must say I really do not like the name Novial Pro.  Could you
>have another think about the name?

I'm glad you don't like it. That means it's good. }: > )

(Just a joke. Don't take it too hard! :-)

Saludos,
Marcos