Quoth Leojmoser:
>   Project Bahasan is a vocabulary project. It continues to progress.
>   Perhaps two hundred languages have been scanned; it is difficult
>   to get the appropriate data on many of the smalller ones, however.
>
>   The search for wordwide vocabulary does not lead to results as
>   exotic as depicted above, since often the common terms end up
>   quite familiar to us as well.
>
>   I have not tried to mix all possible grammatical systems in any way.
>   Consistency and ease of learning requires pattern fitting; there are
>   patterns out there. Best to pick one that is documented as successful.
>
>   At some point this effort will, hopefully, appear in a larger context.
>   Work on this keeps me from being very active in discussion groups
>   and the like.

Ah, I'm glad to hear you are still working on it.  Is there any
possibility we could see some of your results on this (even if just a
.txt file) on the web?  I imagine that your results would be
fascinating, but most of the examples we've seen on the list tend to be
the "easy" ones, of the `coffee' variety.

--
-=-Don [log in to unmask]<http://www.cs.brown.edu/~dpb/>-=-
We will have solar energy as soon as the utility companies solve one