James Chandler skripted:

> ... And actually, I can see a way to
>unify all wings of the better-than-Esp-but-not-so-naturalistic-as-Ia
>camp: the most important camp of all, IMCO.
>It would involve a language with a fair number of optional features.
>For instance, optional -(t)ione suffix; optional double-valued C.
>I don't think you'd get everyone to accept the same language unless
>there was flexibility on those issues which are at the heart of the
>autonomism-naturalism debate.

Though we have some differences as to what "the Spirit of Jespersen" actually
means, I think that this comment really is at the heart of what J says on p.
60 of AIL. I have some question as to how far optionality goes, because -a in
GN and -a in Ido have quite different meanings, while -a in Marcos' scheme
is yet different again. But perhaps at some future date a unification is
possible; I don't see us as ready for it yet.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi