>> >How many people can speak
>> >a language they haven't used for 40-50 years?

Well, guys, from what Ingvar S. has said about him
in the INTERLNG list, Mr. Ahlstedt has all his wits
about him despite his advanced age. He was very
sharp when younger and he seems to be with it
still, I only hope that if I live to be his age in this
system of things I have a fraction of his awareness
and experiences behind me... It is a pleasure to
still have members of the older generation around
who were there when Novial was fresh and new.
And we still have other greats like Thomas Wood
and Stan Mulaik, who are active online... I haven't
heard of Rik Dalton's whereabouts lately, but if
anything his devotion to Esperanto and his fight
against anything else is worthy of mention if not
admiration. I don't say here that I fully agreed with
any of his defamations of Interlingua but that he
did try like a work horse to do his best for Esperanto.
And we have others, who have known the greats of
the early XX Century in person.

I just think that it is indeed a thrill to be able to learn
from others so experienced in the Interlinguistic
field and if not for this modern medium of emails
and webpages this sometimes roaring brook of
Interlinguistic activity on the late end of the Century
would be a trickle or virtually dried up :-) (pun heh heh)

Since, and thanks to those who've stuck with the
Auxlangs for so long... Kudos! I admire your effort!

Since,
Jay B.

[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]
 http://adam.cheshire.net/~jjbowks/index.html