Yes, I would still do the CXR even if there were no respiratory symptoms..I
have been amazed at the number of times a pulmonary infiltrate would be
present ( consolidation) and the child have no history of cough, wheeze ,
dyspnea.. Remember pneumonia can present as acute abdominal pain, mimicking
appendicitis. I have also seen pneumonic infiltrates present with meningitic
signs ( stiff neck,back pain)
Given the relative low risk of the radiograph and the ease of treatment. why
not get the CXR?

Regards,,
MArtin Herman,
Memphis