I agree with going ahead and seeing the paitent when a nursing assessment has
not been done and the MD is ready to proceed. In fact here we often will write
up the exam even before the chart is generated using the progress  note,..Then
when the chart is ready we will just make a note on th erecord to the effect
that a progress note is written ..THere are times when I check patients in,
get their vital signs, examin them, then discharge them without a nurse ever
being involved....Upsets the nurses because it makes them look bad, but when
we are shor staffed and the patients are waiting, I think moving the patients
is what counts..

MIH

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: