In support of my past request for information, I would like to add few
additional questions.

What is the impact of cost in EMS prehospital communications?

What are reasonable, common, or not to exceed cost for the initial
equipment?

What are reasonable, common, or not to exceed cost for the on line
(cellular or satellite) costs?  Is there a acceptable cost per run or per
minute?

What are current cellular costs per month per ambulance or average cost
per run?

How have the cellular cost reductions and equipment giveaways for service
time influenced cellular adoption and use?

What is the expected life of the equipment?

What is the desired life of the equipment?

I realize that free, forever and anywhere at anytime are the best
answers, but not based on the real world?  Real world experience, facts,
statistics, scientific wild guesses are what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce Jackson

EMSAT, Advanced Technology for Emergency Medical Services (a non profit,
501c3 public benefit corportion)

401 831-2729
212 932-7527

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who strives
valiantly;
who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself
in a worthy cause;
who at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement;
and who, at worst, if he fails, fails at daring greatly, so that his
place shall never be with those cold and timid souls, who know neither
victory nor defeat.

Theodore Roosevelt

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: