The reason for my most recent inquiry regarding febrile infants stems from
communications I have had with house staff and the most recent AAP newsletter
in which this topic was broached. Dr. Baker did reply to me and I would leave
it to him to resend his reply to the entire group, if he so desires..
I have littel argument with Dr. Baker but am constantly conflicted about how
to cull out those babies who merely have a fever in response to a minor i
llness and those who are risk for SBI.

Would appreciate anyone elses comments on this issue as well.

Martin Herman
Memphis

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: