Hi all,
        Our ped surgeons have been using bouginage for more than 20 years
with no complications. The key is using strict criteria
        1. Coin in esophagus less than 24 hours
        2. No previous surgery to UGI
        3. No UGI pathology
The procedure is well tolerated and is done in less than 5 minutes, a
review was published by Bonadio, Jona and Glicklick about six or seven
years ago in pediatric surgery.
Let me know if you need the exact refrence I will dig it out of my file for
those who need it.

Halim

Halim Hennes M.D., M.S.
Associate Professor of Pediatrics & Emergency Medicine
Office: 414-266-2629
Fax    : 414-266-2635

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: