Je 06:14 PM 4/14/98 -0400, Dan McGinn-Combs skribis:

>All this interest and talk about Novial has piqued an interest in Novial,
>yet the desire to use naturalistic forms of Auxlangs scares me to death.
>In the throws of this Pique-and-Boo angst I have decided to come up with=20
>my own version of Novial called Novi-Sherts.

Ho, ho, ho!  The hilarity, the biting satire, the appositeness of your=20
comments!  I salute you, Dan McGinn-Combs, as a Twentieth-century Twain,=20
a modern, up-to-speed Swift.

>pedantic uniformity and
>mindless consistency.  Novi-Sherts suffers from none of that

No, don't ... stop!  Well, I won't quote the whole message, but how you=20
_do_ go on!  From strength to strength. =20

>Finally, I will introduce to the concept of the Global Understanding
>Yardstick (GUY)- a method by which a given Global Auxiliary Language (GAL)
>can be best understood and measured for use.  By putting the right GAL
>together with an appropriate GUY, you have a darling couple.  This
>particular GAL, Novi-Sherts, is truly stacked ... in favour of the
>naturalist form of language and in fact it could be measured up and
>evaluated against several GUY's:

Vive Novi-Sherts, just the GAL for you naturalistic GUYs!

(All together, now!)  Novi-Sherts is the GAL for this GUY!!!

Amike salutas vin ^ciujn

Ken

  | Ken CAVINESS           Physics at Southern Adventist University |
  | [log in to unmask]             ESPERANTO =3D Lingvo internacia |
  | http://southern.edu/~caviness/     E-o/English/Fran=E7ais/Deutsch |