I have a feeling (perhaps just paranoia) that Dan's post is directed
partly at me (or my project, at any rate).
Although I can take a joke, I would point out that if people take a look
at my pages as they now stand, they will find that a large number of the
alternative forms and methods I *proposed* have subsequently not been
*adopted*.
It should also be noted that I share J's view that in the vast majority of
cases, alternative forms should be considered a temporary luxury.

If Dan or anyone else has any comments on any of the particular decisions
I have made, I will be happy to respond to them.

James Chandler