Man can change. Some will do it more often than others. If I found an
international language that obviously were easier to understand by
uninitiated people according to definitions that I would accept, then I
should probably try to learn it, provided it were better than Interlingua
and if I really thought so. One should never say never, as you know.

Had I met a living idist in the 50's or even an Interlingua speaker at that
time I might as well have swiched to one of those languages then, but I had
the feeling then that Esperanto could satisfy my need for international
communication then and I was waiting for the Final Victory Day.

As with Christianity: different confessions take there lift of in different
parts of the Bible: the Old Testament, John the Baptist, the Pentecostal
Miracle or Apocalypsis. The analogy for me is this:
Volap=FCk, Esperanto, Ido, Eurolang, Neo: Learn this language, then we can
all communicate.
Interlingua, Occidental (Novial): Learn this language then you can
communicate with us and some other people who understand them anyway.

Depending on temperament and base people will react differently....

Kjell [log in to unmask]
Kjell Rehnstroem
Vaenortsgatan 87
S-752 64  UPPSALA