Don Harlow scripted:

> In any case, it may be premature to announce the death of Ido in
> Sweden, even if the only Idist there that you ever met died recently.

Kjell is probably right, however, at least judging from the evidence I've
seen.  There was, from what I could gather, a little bit of gloom about
the state of the Swedish Ido-Federuro at the conference in Holland last
year.  I think the demise of Ido there had more to do with the passing of
Hellmut Rohnisch, however, than that of Axel Rylander, as I'm not sure how
active the latter was during his last years.  Whereas, up until his death,
Rohnisch was president of ULI.  Rohnisch seems to have used his influence
to ensure that Progreso was sent to a staggering number of libraries in
Sweden and I believe also Denmark.  I don't know if that arrangement will
continue now.

James Chandler
http://yi.com/home/ChandlerJames
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037