Paul O Bartlett wrote:

> [kut]    Yes, although 1) I would not call the similarity 88% :-) and a=
re

> you suggesting that AUXLANG be the forum for use?  One difficulty I can=

> foresee with greater use of conIALs on AUXLANG as such is that not
> everybody will be able to read some posts.  Suppose I were stumping for=

> Volap=FCk and made all my posts in that language, whereas you used Rap
> Lin Rie.  I could not read your posts and you could not read mine
> unless both of us learned both languages, which we might not want to do=

> for one reason or another.  (I confess that when you did make some
> posts in RLR, I did not read them.  Do you actually have an online
> discussion group or mailing list for RLR?  I don't recall if you said.)=

No, I am not suggesting that auxlang be the forum for that, unless it
developed that way naturally. I have started a place where these things c=
an
be discussed in a "BBS" fashion, plust the auxiliary languages community
offering 11 free meg. for putting up languages in a specific area on the
web.If we posted our linz with translations more, perhaps the similiariti=
es
would come out.
For RLR I have an online small discussion group and a mailing list. Both =
of
these are slowly but surely growing. And, people are now consistently
beginning to correspond with me in RLR. When I first started no one did.

> > Until some kind of unified effort is done, none of these projects
> > will ever become more than a puff of wind on the mass of
> > humanity.
>
>     Which is more or less what conIALs -- including Esperanto, in my
> opinion -- are now.
>
> > Or shall interlinguists keep on kicking one another to pieces
> > while all these wonderful languages wither on the vine and just
> > sit there waiting to BE USED, because they ALL work WHEN USED?
>
>     Some of the languages are in fact being used in forums other than
> AUXLANG (such as Interlingua and Esperanto).  And I think we need to
> recall that the internet is only a small portion of the IAL scene: some=

> IAL users have little or no connection to the 'net, so we have to be
> careful generalizing.

I know there are other net forums. But, I also know there is no real
concerted effort to tell the world about these languages. Except maybe
Esperanto. I do know an effort has started with RLR to go to the world. I=
'm
doing it, and others are finally starting to join me. More and more peopl=
are linking to my RLR sites. And, I now have a couple of sites whre I can=

actually offer printed material about RLR for sale, which can't be done o=
some of the other free sites. That's why I started the Auxiliary Language=
Community. On those sites books, mags., etc. can be offered for a fee,
donation or whatever. And, as the community grows, perhaps we can begin t=
pool some resources and start doing some positive PR work on Auxlangs for=
change. Here's where you can take a look at it:
http://mycommunity.xoom.com/signup.html?C=3D2200

I have students of RLR now in 31 different countries including the US and=

England, of course. This is in response to your other question about did =
know others other than English speakers using RLR. And, I now have a web
site in 90% RLR. Try:
http://members.xoom.com/Diplomat

Al l sue,
& mil gra f l cer dijuz,