On Sat, 2 May 1998, Robert J. Petry wrote (excerpted):

> No, I am not suggesting that auxlang be the forum for that, unless it
> developed that way naturally. I have started a place where these things can
> be discussed in a "BBS" fashion, plust the auxiliary languages community
> offering 11 free meg. for putting up languages in a specific area on the
> web.If we posted our linz with translations more, perhaps the similiarities
> would come out.

    Maybe I missed it, but I'm not sure just how this new community
is supposed to differ from AUXLANG and the newsgroup alt.language.-
artificial with notices to web sites for various auxlangs.  How would
posting on this new community differe from posting them on AUXLANG with
translations?

> I know there are other net forums. But, I also know there is no real
> concerted effort to tell the world about these languages. Except maybe
> Esperanto.

    I get the distinct idea from forums such as alt.language.artificial
that many people consider IALists to be crackpots.  "You people can't
even agree on what language to support!"  That sort of thing.  (And, of
course, most of us _don't_ agree.  I suspect that there is a good deal
of hobby interest mixed in as well.)

> I have students of RLR now in 31 different countries including the US and
> England, of course. This is in response to your other question about did I
> know others other than English speakers using RLR.

    My question was not whether there are RLR users in various
countries.  My question was whether there are users of Rap Lin
Rie WHO DO NOT KNOW ENGLISH.  That's a different quesiton entirely.

> site in 90% RLR. Try:
> http://members.xoom.com/Diplomat

    I looked at the site, but because I do not have a graphical web
browser, it was almost unintelligible to me.  I couldn't even tell wat
the various images and/or links were supposed to be.  (There are coding
techniques in HTML to make things at least a *little* better for
text-only browsers.)

Paul                             <[log in to unmask]>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart