> "Analyse" is simply as bad a misspelling as "delite".

>From an American point of view, but not from a British one: "delight" is
an old established spelling, "analyze" is not: it is a misspelling  and
one that (because of "analysis") is harder to justify than "labor" or
"theater".

Still, this shouldn't be taken too seriously.  "Analyze" makes me
cringe, which is fair enough since I am British; any arguments I come up
with are attempts to justify my cringing and of course, de gustibus
[traditionibusque<*>] non est disputandum.

The only thing that really gets me worked up is being told that "-ize"
is not a correct British spelling when it patently is!  The fact that
this false assertion is based on British people's lack of knowledge of
their own linguistic traditions and on a (perfectly reasonable)
misapprehension by Americans (not because they are American but because
they are not British) only makes things worse.  I get similarly annoyed
when people criticize split infinitives, "it's me", "he is taller than
me" etc..

-- jP --

<*> The It "traditore" makes me suspect this means "treasons", not
"traditions" but you know what I mean.