Cheradenine Zakalwe (aka Phil Hunt) wrote:

>In message  <l03110704b16c5b9dda49@[195.17.73.75]> [log in to unmask] writes:
>> Every EU-citizen will recognize the word _entomologia_.

>This is not true. Very many British people will *not* recognise it.
>However, virtually *all* literate British people will recognise
>"insect-science".

Given Emerson Alcott's report that his father did not understand the
Interlingua word "cardiologia"  I rather suspect that Phil has more
reason for his position than might seem at first glance. And certainly
explaining complex words as a compounding of simple morphemes is not, to
my eyes, per se bad. I don't think this is a feature of Eurolang that I
would quarrel with.

                                Bruce R. Gilson
                                IRC: EZ-as-pi