Bruce R. Gilson scripted:

> >What have a separate root for "kill"? It seems to me more economical
> >to use a derived word meaning "cause to die". I.e. MORISA in N28.
>
> I would agree. Only "moritisa" in N28/30... meaning "cause to be dead." I don't
> think you add -isa to verb stems directly in N28.

Since J says in AIL:
http://yi.com/home/ChandlerJames/AILhard.html
"morisanti (tuanti) vunde" = fatal wound, I suppose it is possible to add
-isa straight onto a verb.  This is because -ifika is equivalent to fika,
and -isa is equivalent to -ifika.  So morisa = fika mori.
Though I would want to retain the final -i of the verbal root in this
derivation.

James Chandler
http://yi.com/home/ChandlerJames
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/5037