> > It also has a degree of "verbness" in it!
>
> Which is what, exactly?

Well, it's rather hard to define _exactly_.  How would you go about
defining verbs to people who speak Japanese or Chinese?  Give me an
exact definition of "verb" and I'll tell you what "verbness" is.  (I
want semantic definition, not a syntactic one.)

This is why I said "verbness".  I imagine that you have an understanding
of what a verb is and that it is pretty similar to mine -- even though
it is hard to put into words.  I guess "an idea of being or doing" is
something like it, but a Japanese might have trouble distinguishing the
"being" of an adjective from the "being" of a verb.  Being tired and
being asleep are similar transitory states; it sounds as though you'd be
happy with "li dormas" but unhappy with "li lacas".  Why?  I imagine
that there is a verb "to sleep" in Nuovial.  Is there a verb "to be
tired"?  Or is there just an adjective, "tired"?

-- jP --