In message  <l03110704b16fe6c392f1@[195.17.73.6]> [log in to unmask]
 writes:
> If all literate people don't recognize _entomology_ I think it is
> high time for them to learn that.

Tu pos pensar toton qui tu am, but it no causara los lernar it.
In realiti, est necesa qui tu acept persons como los est, et no
probe facar los estar perfecta.

You can think whatever you like, but it won't cause them to learn it.
In reality it is necessary to accept people as they are and not attempt
to make them perfect.

> _insekt-science_ is a good explanation. On the
> other hand I think you could come up with something better than _science_.
> What do you use for _know_?

_sav_. But "savation" no est "science" -- science ausi est method de
pensation, et ausi corpo de saveda dings.

Knowing things isn't science -- science is a way of thinking as well as
a body of known things.

> There is on the whole a babyfication of language going on. English is full
> of it. _pram_ for _parambulator_ and _TB_ for _tuberculosis_; Evidently the
> populace has not been educated to use the whole word.

Nothing to do with education; it is just easier to use the shortened
form.

> An international language must have a capacity to make the learner
> acquainted with existing vocabulary NOW not in 20 years.

But Eurolang does this. "insect" and "science" are international words.

If OTOH you are saying that a conial must include *every* existing
vocabulary item that is in several European languages, then that is
absurd, because it would lead to too many words. A conial should
be easy to learn -- it is isn't, we in Europe would be better off
all learning English instead.

--
Cheradenine Zakalwe (aka Phil Hunt)
Eurolanga Publicizationa Organization