Save-a-Tooth contains Hank's solution which is, in theory, the ideal
preservation medium for a lost tooth. However, this stuff works best when
the tooth can be placed in the solution immediately. Save-a-Tooth should
be present at children's athletic events, etc. Once the child reaches the
ED, the best place to put the tooth while waiting for the dentist,is back
in the socket.

We have used charcoal flavored with cherry syrup and found it to be
somewhat more palatable than regular charcoal. We also cover the cup.
Palatability is not solely a function of taste. If something looks bad, it
is hard to eat it even if it tastes good.

BK

Brent R King, M.D.
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children

"... And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Osymandias, King of Kings:
Look upon my works, ye Mighty and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck..." PB Shelley

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: