--------------FE514BE0CFC614A14D90BC0C

Richard Hemmer wrote:   Over the past few years we have seen way too many cases of

> "aseptic meningitis" that was managed at home that were now admitted to the
> PICU.  (All of these were referrals from multiple facilities)  Most of these
> children died.  Those that did not die,  were left with life long problems
> including severe developmental problems,  loss of fingers/toes/hands because
> of gangrenous processes.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to report these observations in a peer review journal.An
objective report of this phenomena in this setting would have a strong effect on standard of
care.

George Foltin

--------------FE514BE0CFC614A14D90BC0C

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Richard Hemmer wrote:&nbsp;&nbsp; Over the past few years we have seen
way too many cases of
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>"aseptic meningitis" that was managed at home that
were now admitted to the
<BR>PICU.&nbsp; (All of these were referrals from multiple facilities)&nbsp;
Most of these
<BR>children died.&nbsp; Those that did not die,&nbsp; were left with life
long problems
<BR>including severe developmental problems,&nbsp; loss of fingers/toes/hands
because
<BR>of gangrenous processes.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Emergency_Medicine/ped-em-l.html"></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
Sounds like an excellent opportunity to report these observations in a
peer review journal.An objective report of this phenomena in this setting
would have a strong effect on standard of care.

<P>George Foltin
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------FE514BE0CFC614A14D90BC0C--

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: