-----Original Message-----
From: Pediatric Emergency Medicine Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Terry Adirim
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 1998 6:57 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list PED-EM-L
Subject: Chamomille tea and colic

I have been asked recently about the use of herbs and other alternative
therapies in infants and children.  I know very little.  Specifically, I
have been asked about the use of Chamomille tea in newborns/infants with
colic and GI upset.  Anyone know anything about its safety in infants?  My
knee-jerk response is to advise against such things in young children.

Please feel free to e-mail me privately
Terry Adirim, MD
Children's National Medical Center
Washington, DC