Robert J. Petry wrote:

> Michael Farris wrote:
>
> > [kut]Therfore I have a proposal (drum roll, bugles) Let's just f----ing *STOP* it. (note tactful use of ----, never let it be said that I'm purposely crude).
>
> I think this inappropriate use of language is worse than the language debates going on on a language debate list. There is no need for that, don't you think?

Well, I did use ----- , trying to spare the sensibilities of the more sensitive among us. If that's not enough, then please accept my apologies.

The whole point I was trying to make is as follows:

We often here about endless debate and what a waste that is etc.

I'm saying that this is not a condition imposed from on-high, it's not something we're born with,  it's something we can change.

How? You (plural) ask?

By not saying nasty things about other IAL's. I think we've pretty much concluded that no one has changed anybody's mind. It's doesn't make the person writing
nasty things any friends (except people who agree with the nasty comments in question).

In other words, I have the following proposals:

1. If someone wants to write about why they prefer IALX, then wonderful, I'd like to hear it. Repitition doesn't hurt either.

2. If you have something nasty to say about IALX, I don't want to read it. Keep it to yourself, or put up a webpage.

3. If you think something's wrong with IALX, then by all means tell us what you think is wrong, and (very important) how you would fix it (not by switching to IALZ
though). If all you can do is point out horrible feature of IALX, then again, keep it to yourself or put it on the web.

I personally intend to follow these three proposals.

Mi amika fughi,
Mike Farris