I appreciate you all's input. For those interested in a follow up, I did
get a ESR on this patient in the ED. It was 34. Started IVF and gave some
MS for analgesia. Eventually ended up admitting her to Hematology, who knew
her well. She gradually improved over the next two days with full range of
motion with fluids and analgesia and was discharged today. The working
diagnosis was vasoocclusive crisis in the left elbow. While in hospital the
elbow was not tapped nor was any bone scan/USG done.

Jay Pershad, MD

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: