I concur with Dr Herman re treatment of pharyngitis--however using IM
benzathine PCN is useful when the patient can't afford antibiotics/or will not
be reliable in taking same. Granted treating enough patients with any given
med will eventually produce adverse reactions---but on the whole Bicillin LA
is much less toxic and has a longer track record than some of the other
medications we give to children without as clear an indication.

Jeffrey Proudfoot,D.O.
PEM Fellow
Maricopa Medical Center
Phoenix, AZ

Try? There is no try...only do or not do.
                                                                YODA

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: