I never argue with this one ... if you do not have an ideal result, the
headache is not worth it ... I make the call, and, should plastics does not
call back soon enough, the family knows I have tried my best on their
behalf ... (BTW, over the years, I usually do end up doing most of these)/
Steve

At 11:33 PM -0400 8/31/98, Julia McDonald wrote:
>I would be interested in hearing how people deal with the patient who has a
>simple laceration that could easily be repaired by an ED physician ( or even a
>medical student) when parents specifically request a plastic surgeon to do the
>repair.
>
>Thanks for your input!
>
>Sincerely,
>Julia McDonald
>University of Louisville
>
>P.S.  You can e-mail me at [log in to unmask]
>
>For more information, send mail to [log in to unmask] with the
>message: info PED-EM-L
>The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is:
>  http://www.brown.edu/Administration/Emergency_Medicine/ped-em-l.html

        Steven Lelyveld, M.D.
        Associate Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine
        Director, Pediatric Emergency Medicine
        University of Chicago Children's Hospital
        5839 South Maryland - m/c 0810
        Chicago, Illinois 60637
        (773)702-9087 or (773)753-1880 pager#9333
        Fax (773) 702-0414
        e-mail: [log in to unmask]

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: