I would agree that transport to the nearest facility would be appropriate
for a child in distress.especially with airway compromise  and the other
situations cited.I do have confidence that any residency trained emergency
doc should be able to stabilize a children distress. Telephone consults are
easily obtained and if the emergency physician needed any advice from the
PCCC , he /she could call..

Why would anyone leave a patient in jeopardy during along transport when
competent help is nearby??

JMHO

Martin Herman

The URL for the PED-EM-L Web Page is: