I work in a community hospital in southern california so need less to
say i get alot of parents asking about a plastic surgeon. a couple of
points:
1. always tell them there is going to be a scar/line regardless, and a
scar revision can always be done at a latter date. i also tell them that
the outcome will be the same.
2. i often get the plastics doctor saying that he won't come in for a
1cm lac etc....so i say wait just a minute and put the parent on the
phone to talk with the plastic surgeon....they always come in after ;-)

andrew lawson, MD
mission hospital
mission viejo, ca