Donald J. Harlow wrote:

> [kut]
>
> On a slightly different topic, I find an interesting quote from Wahl in
> Drezen, attributed to "Kosmoglott", Reval, 1922, n-o 3, p. 2. It's the one
> that identifies Esperanto with a certain political movement, and starts "It
> is clear to me". Could you confirm its existence for me? (I don't want to
> quote the whole thing here.)

Kos Nr. 3 April 1922.Page numbers were continued from one issue to the next so
that the page you refer to is actually page 14. The quote you mention is on the
second page of the article Li i'ncorrectibil defectes de Esperanto.

breaking into the middle of a long paragraph it says:

It es clar por mi, que li victoria de ti-ci o ti ta systeme dependi de to, if
li bolshevism va triumfar e pos haver destructet nor antiqui cultur va
constructer un nov cultur esperantal, per medie del nov nationes, con
intertemporal medievie de quelc cent annus; o li grand nationes de Europa
conserva li hegemonie del cultura e tande Esperanto va morir samli quam
Volapu"k, proque it ne es sufficent international. Solmen un lingue quam
Occidental posse satisfar al postulationes de cultura, proque it posse
compensar li aprension del antiqui e troponderos Latin, e malgre' to ha un
flexibilita', expressibilita', e autonomia ancor plu grand quam Esperanto e
Ido, angustiat in su pancere de arbitrari grammatical finales.
In Esperanto -- dictatura, in Occidental liberta'
Pos dictatura sempre triumfa li ver liberta'! -- E. de Wahl.

I don't see any problem with the statement. What was Esperanto involved with at
the time to get it connected with bolshevism?
And, I thnk the rest of the article puts the statement in a proper context. Or,
are you simply refering to the fact that Esp. is not totally dead yet since the
bolshevists didn't win out?

Al l sue,
Bob, x+