The essay Bob mentions on Neo-Romantic interlanguages is indeed
interesting.  Here is one snippet:

-----
Autonomist school     Neo-Romanticist school

E.g.: Esperantists    E.g.: Interlingua-ists    Occidentalists

                       A. Gode's theses         Theses of others (and of
                                                several disciples of Gode)

Western culture

We need a language    Western culture is the    Western culture is
that should, as much  mother of science. An     superior. Whites
as possible, be       International Language    are found everywhere.
structurally neutral  must therefore be
among the different   Western-appearing.
cultures.

-----
So, we are led to believe, the Esperantists want a language that is as
structurally neutral as possible among the different cultures (which
presumably implies language families).  Am I the only one who does not
recognize Esp in this description?

Now look at the third column.  We are told that the Occidentalists think
that western culture is superior and that whites are found everywhere, i.e.
that whites are superior and ergo the Occists are all racists.  I have to
say, the evidence for this conclusion in the preceding text in the essay
is slim, to say the very least...  The language used is deliberately
inflammatory, and frankly this whole section is the most sickening and
damaging piece of Esperantist propaganda.  You can read it all here, if
you like (a lot of it just seems fairly boring):

http://www.best.com/~donh/Languages/novlatin.html

Don, is this really the best you people can do?

James Chandler