On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, James Chandler wrote (overall):

> The main difference is that I-a uses a prototypic method, whereby if the
> necessary root isn't found in the modern source languages, you back thru
> the Romanic languages all the way back to where they meet, and possibly
> further, to find the I-a form.  Occ's selection method seems to be
> essentially that of Ido and Novial: the (suitable) form known to the
> greatest number thru their own language.  Basically, the latter method
> gives an easier vocab to learn overall.

    By "overall" do you mean here that the given vocable seems
subjectively easier (perhaps, more mnemonic) to a greater number?
I am not sure of the thrust of your statment.  If my language does
not happen to fall in the "greatest number," then the vocable likely
is no more easy (and conceivably less so in individual cases) than
the I-a vocable.

--
Paul                             <[log in to unmask]>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA