> Don Harlow skribi:
>
> ** Someone in this forum once accused Esperanto of "not having gotten
> beyond the level of politics" (quote from memory). As often happens, he was
> holding the sword by the blade, not the hilt. Esperanto is the only conIAL
> that has ever _reached_ the level of politics.

Very true

I'd like to request that someone (you Don?) pass on to some Eist political folks
my borderlands idea (oops Polski word order)  of introducing Eo classes in two
towns on either side of a national border with mutually unintelligible languages
(say Poland/German, or Hungarian/German, or Slovak/Hungarian). The best thing
about this idea, is that ideally you're creating a situation where the language
will continue in spontaneous usage.

I think this could be turned into a succesful grant proposal.
It's is small scale, cheap and can be done by one person in the field, much better
than general large scale proposals. ANd success once, will more or less guarantee
that others will start it up in other places

You really don't want to wait for me to get around to it, cause I'll introduce
hoismo, -ichismo and tell them to ignore any endings they don't like. (A little
encouragement).

> **** Yet Yet Another Digression. With respect to the Ido crisis of 1907, it
> has aften been remarked that it had the positive result of disembarassing
> the Esperanto movement of the most vociferous advocates of Reform Above
> All.

It also got rid of a lot of folks with some good characteristics but that's
another post.

Mi amikel fughi,
Mike Farris