Peter Clark wrote:
> ---"Gary L. Davenport" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > Anyone else who has similiar ideas or some pointers or advice, contact
> > me! I plan to take this as far as I can go, and any help would be
> > appreciated.

> [T]he basic idea is that if an Anglo-Saxon word cannot be
> used in place of the Latinate word, then a new formation is used,
> mostly by compounding or making older prefixes and suffixes more
> productive.

Excellent Babel text!  As you may remember, I translated the
(U.S.) Bill of Rights some time ago.  We need a joint RTE/CE/AS
web site, perhaps, to record the monuments of our tongue.

What is a good word for "risk, danger"?

--
John Cowan      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              [log in to unmask]