I am involved, as a therapist, with persons who're physically
intersex and others who cross gender lines in other ways.

When I looked at language I found that a "gender neutral" pronoun
(EG "hir" etc) although intended to be such often ended up being
used as a "third gender" pronoun (IE of a person neither male or
female). So perhaps 4 pronouns are needed; male, female, neither
male or female, and "any"; the later for use with collectives,
generics, or where the gender of the individual is unkown.

Just a thought.

Regards

Baba

Barbara "Baba" Barrett   b@rbara: baba ba:r;et

E-mail: [log in to unmask]
i: meIl fIxd;vv .aet pa:tro-l d;ct aI daS weI d;ct keU d;ct ju:keI
S-mail: 40 the Maying, Reading, Berks, RG2 8US, United Kingdom
;es meIl f;crti: -d;v meIIn) redIn) b;3rks @r .dZi: tu: eIt ju: ;es
ju:nait;ed kIn)d;vm