De: Nik Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Fecha: Martes 27 de Octubre de 1998 16:48
>Would this recognize mutations, as in the Celtic langs?

Which kind of mutations?

I guess if they are regular, you can describe a rule to manage them... I
don't mean this rule should be easy to implement.  I'm working with Spanish
verb system and taking recognisibility as goal.  I have no problem with
regular verbs.  I have no problem with some regular irregularities as o/ue -
e/ie changes or -ecer, -ezco endings.

For completely irregular verbs like _ser_ or _ir_ I have implement them by
adding irregularities as part of the lexicon.  If that is what you mean by
mutation, I guess is no way arround.  If you mean regular changes like o/ue,
or like voice/devoice you just have to write the rule, and implement your
lexicon in some way that help the program to recognize where the change is
needed.