> On Sun, 8 Nov 1998, Ken Caviness wrote (excerpt):
>
> >                                                    I'm happy to be able to
> > report from personal experience that it is possible to learn Esperanto
> > online on a very limited budget.
>
>     Let us give credit where it is due.  There are volunteer tutors
> who give free, online instruction in Esperanto to native speakers
> of various languages.  And I downloaded for free an approximately
> 6000-entry English-Esperanto dictionary.

English speakers shouldn't have much trouble learning Interlingua on the net: there's a 15,000 word English-Interlingua dictionary available. The best online grammar is in Italian, and the most extensive course is in Portuguese. Perhaps that isn't as crazy as it sounds: Romance may need more training in the grammar so that they don't carry over too many of their native idioms.

Chris Burd