Jay Bowks wrote:

> -Original Mess age-
> Fro: Robert J. Petry <[log in to unmask]>
> At: Multiple recipients of list AUXLANG <[log in to unmask]>
> Dat: Sunday, November 08, 1998 2:01 PM
> Subjekt: Re: Whew?
>
> >You can Occidental too. So why should I go to the extreme of covering what
> is
> >already there. Take the IALA dictionary and put the Occidental on the
> endings of
> >the words, and voila'. Occidental.
>
> Errr, what endings would that be, should you
> use -ite' on some and -ita' on others when the
> English has only -ity... great improvement to
> make the language even harder and more
> confusing than Eng. (Interlingua has -itate,
> as in citate for city, facultate for faculty, etc.)
>
> >And, the proper endings and grammar has also
> >been made available for free. It's not availability that's the problem. It
> is
> >simple resistance. People don't like to be told something is so easy and
> that it
> >works and that it already exists.
> [...]
> >Bob
>
> AFAI'm Concerned... There's an easier alternative,
> "le belle lingua international, le Interlingua de IALA".
> Simple, clear, natural, you can't beat it!

Ok, Jay, you win. I quit. Now you can be the naturalist on the list. Meanwhile,
I'll just stick with going to the folks who have an interest in Occidental, and
want to make progress versus argue. What more can I say. You have a simple,
clear natural language. Good, You win. Occidental doesn't have a chance against
your wiley arguments. Why didn't I see this before? Just think of the time,
effort and heartache you have saved me and millions of other. Thank you for
your kind and courteous pointing out to me how wrong I am. I'll just hang my
head and cry. You now have the stand Jay. Be my guest. This is what you wanted,
now you can have it.

Bye,
Bob, x+