What James Chandler would like to have time to do, and what James Chandler
can promise to do are unfortunately two different things.

I have started a project to assemble a vocabulary of around 4000 words for
a new IAL.  I don't know when or if that project will be finished.  I have
a grammar worked out in my head, tho not worked out in detail on paper for
a definitive schematic language.  I have decided on an approach I am
calling "naturalness thru vocabulary".  The idea is to do without
naturalistic elements as such and to try and get as natural as possible a
schematic language.  The beauty of this is that one can concentrate one's
efforts where they are most needed, in the vocabulary selection, rather
than tinkering with more complicated derivational elements.

If this project is ever finished, it is going to make Esperanto look like
Volapu"k.

James Chandler.

PS.  It's not going to be called Novial-99, or any other such thing.  I do
have a name I would like to use, but I'm not letting on for the moment.