Herman Miller wrote:
> Interesting analogy; I suppose that on that scale, most of my languages
> would be tents; adequate for the purpose, but barely. Until recently, only
> Olaetyan would have qualified as a "house". It's only in the last few years
> that I've concentrated on longer projects, resulting in better and more
> interesting languages, but fewer of them.

I still prefer Sally Caves' city analogy.  By that, I think, most of us
have a collection of huts, maybe a small village, while real languages
are bustling metropolises.

--
"It has occurred to me more than once that holy boredom is good and
sufficient reason for the invention of free will." - "Lord Leto II"